Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just One Reason I Love my Job


When I came home yesterday and unpacked my bag from work, I spread its contents out on the counter and it all looked so beautiful. The colours, the textures, the flavours - I felt very lucky to have such luxuries in my life.
Here's what was in my bag (and everything was organic! sigh):
1 apple
2 pears
1 loaf whole spelt bread
2 heads garlic
3 avocados
a jar of sweet potato and chick pea soup that I made earlier that day
a bag of dried applebananas (have you tried these!?!)
1 bottle of biodynamic olive oil
1 jar of raw, biodynamic honey
small jar of black olives
3 leeks
5 raw chocolate truffles (also made by myself at the restuarant)

oh - and a couple sprigs of forsythia only because it exclaimed "I am so bright and happy, please take me home!" as I was biking by.


And I have decided to stop saying that I am "going to work." From now on I will say "I'm going to have fun. See ya." That makes more sense.

1 comment:

Nathan Williams said...

looks like MORE than one reason to love your job