Sunday, May 16, 2010

The House on Salmon Street

I stayed with my husband's aunt and uncle this past week on Bornholm. The plan was to speak only Danish for seven days in hopes that it would give me a leg up on my upcoming language exam, but my other intention was to just hang out with Hanne and Bo. She's a ceramicist, he's a woodworker, and they both have their own workshops right in their house.
They grow wild herbs, fruits, and vegetables in the backyard. They bake their own bread. They walk to work. They are quiet and thoughtful, generous and kindhearted. They are two of the most special people I have ever met.


Thank you both for such a beautiful week, and for opening your hearts and home to this curious, little Canadian girl.









6 comments:

alexandria said...

Their home looks so cozy and a like a lot of love was put into it. What a wonderful treat to stay there.

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

What a beautiful life, filled with so many of the things I love.

Quindome said...

This home seems to reflect the lovely people you described well.

Lyn said...

Hi Sarah. Just found your sites and couldn't stop reading. Happy to have found them both! Little gems.

abby try again said...

Wow!
Just found your blog today and I love it.
This post is especially beautiful.
Thank you!

sk said...

Wow! What a beautiful place.
Do either of them sell any of their wares online?