Sunday, March 8, 2009

My New Job





Yes, I got a job that pays real money and makes me wake up, joyfully, at 7am. I am in heaven.
I am the new cook at "Grønsagen", which means "The Vegetable", and it is an organic cafe and food co-op. They let me make whatever I want, because after two days of working magic, they realize that I am not fooling around. It is the only job I've had (after being a camp counsellor) where I walk away at the end of the day feeling like all I did was have fun. The people are beautiful, the ambience is super cozy (it's heated only by a wood-burning stove!), and we can listen to Stevie Nicks all day. What more could I ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love listening to Stevie Nicks all day! I can just picture the restaurant by your description. My family lives in Holland and Belgium and I wish we had more of the quaint little cafes and restaurants here in the U.S. as you do in Europe.